Sunday, September 03, 2006

Top Questions

Working with the public can be entertaining at times, since a lot of the public is... oh... let's say.. not in the upper percentile when it comes to IQ scores. I often get hit with questions that I have to restrain myself to keep from laughing at. Here are some that I get:

Customer:"Where's the restroom"
Me:"At the front of the store sir"
Customer:"Isn't there one back here?" (looking past me at the stockroom doors)
Me:"No sir, in the front past the registers."
Customer:"You mean there ain't one back there." (walks over and looks through the window into the stockroom, at which time I'm starting to worry that he might not actually make it to the restroom and I might have a mess to clean up...customer finally moves toward front of store)

Customer standing in front of sign that says SUNDAY BEER SALES : "Do you guys sell beer on Sunday?"

Customer:"What does this mean, BUY ONE GET ONE FREE?"
Me: "Purchase one and you get the second one free"
Customer, obviously flustered: "Why do they have to make it so difficult to understand?"

Customer approaching me as I'm in my work attire working a cartload of stock:"Excuse me, do you work here?"

Customer, staring at the Hot Pockets;"Are these the Hot Pockets?"
Me: "No ma'am, if you read the fine print you'll see they're really Snot Pockets."

Then there are the people who look at every single gallon of milk to get the best date, then come up and say "Do you have any in back with a better date? I'm afraid I won't be able to finish this before it expires." It could be dated eight months from now and they'll still try to get one that's eight months and one day. "Oh yes, that's MUCH better!"

And the women who go to get a dozen eggs, look at every single carton - mixing them all up in the process - finally pick one out then come up and say "Do you have any better looking eggs in the back?" I take the dozen they have, walk to the back, stand for ten seconds, then bring out the same carton and give them. They look at it - "Oh yes, these are good ones, thank you so much!"

Working with the public... gotta love it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home