Saturday, July 29, 2006

This That and the Other Thing

My son got back from scout camp today after being gone a week. He had a lot of fun, and as usual talked nonstop for a couple of hours. I'm glad he had fun and made it back ok... it was just so peaceful while he was gone. lol



Well son # 2 is mad at mom and dad. He had planned to go to Cedar Point Amusement Park with his friends today. The plan was that he was going to drive and take two of his buddies along. I was hesitant about that because he's never driven that far before, and at seventeen doesn't have the experience to deal with any emergency that might come up, but I agreed that he could go. Then, yesterday, he found out that he had overdrawn his bank account three times and his account was charged $96. Since his Taco Bell paycheck was only $112 this left him with no spending money to go to Cedar Point. He asked to borrow some so he could go, but we decided he needed to learn a lesson and told him he couldn't go. He blew up and threw a fit, throwing, kicking, hitting and yelling. I'm sure the whole neighborhood heard everything. We're going to let him go next week... if he can hold on to his money.


Speaking of holding onto money (and I'm going to vent here) my mother-in-law called today, of course. To see if Ryan had gotten home from camp yet, and to borrow more money. This angers me to no end! My parents never had any extra money and had to scratch out enough to feed 9 kids. My dad worked two jobs most of his life plus doing the farm work. We were well below the poverty level, I'm sure, but dad would never think of going on welfare or asking other people for money. It was a question of honor with him. So when someone who lives alone and receives a monthly income blows it all in the first few days of the month, then borrows from me the rest of the month so she can afford her cigarettes it really leaves me fuming. And when I say she BORROWS money, that's money that I'll never see again because it's like this: First of the month; MIL - "Here's that $80 I owe you from last month(it was closer to $150). That leaves me with $11 after I pay my rent(sighs heavily). Me - "Do you need some of this back?" MIL- "Well I don't have any food and Ryan will be coming over to stay won't he?" I give her $20 of the $80 back. Tenth of the month; MIL- " Could you possibly lend me $60 to pay for my phone bill? It was more than I thought it would be". We give her the sixty.Thirteenth of the month; MIL- "Do you think you could get me a gallon of milk and two packs of smokes. I think I have some dried bread crusts that I can eat but I need some milk to wash them down... and a thing of Coke too please." Seventeenth; MIL - " I want to ask you something and you can talk it over with Wife, but can I borrow $100 until payday? Me - " I'll have to see, we have a lot of bills right now." MIL - "Oh, ok well just if you can because I'm just out of everything(voice quavers) and if I get that much then I'll pay you back on the third when I get my check." We give her the money. The next day Ryan stays at her place and comes home with $30 worth of crap toys from the Dollar Store that get thrown away within two days. Also she gave him $10 to put in his piggy bank. He loses the ten bucks within twelve minutes... literally loses it. Also she spends $25 at a yard sale. Twenty First of the month; MIL to wife - "Are you going to the store today?" Wife- " I have to get a couple of things at Wal-Mart, why?" MIL- "I was wondering if you could get me a pack of smokes and maybe some coke and laundry detergent. They have it on sale this week. And maybe one of those roasts they have. Ryan likes those, and he'll probably be coming over sometime this week." Wife takes her and ends up getting her $42 of stuff. Twentyfifth; MIL approaches me at work with tears in her eyes -"I'm out of everything, do you think you have $5 I could borrow?" Twentyseventh; MIL - " If you can spare it, could I have $10 to get some bread and milk?" Twentyninth; MIL - "Could you possibly lend me $20 until I get paid the third?" Thirtieth of the month;MIL is pushing a cart of groceries past me at work with about $30 worth of stuff in it. She stops, pulls out sixty eight cents from her purse and says "Do you think this is enough to get this? This is all the money I have until payday." ME - "Probably not". MIL- "Could you loan me just enough to pay for these?" Third of the month, payday for MIL; MIL - "Here's what I owe you, you know, that $100 that I borrowed last month. But can I keep $40 of it just to see if I need it for my phone bill?'.....................And that's the way it is. Ok, thus endeth my venting session. Thank you to anyone who read through all that. And believe me, none of that is exaggeration. Hopefully you can understand why I'm feeling a little PO'd right about now. And if you're thinking "Why not just tell her no" well you have to understand that she's just not entirely sane. She freely and without reservation will spread tales about anybody she doesn't like, including her own family if they don't give her any money. As an example, she came to my store and, in front of the cash registers on a busy day with tons of people in line, she started yelling loudly about my wife - her daughter - because she hadn't bought her the cigarettes like she wanted her to do. Yes, she can be an embarrassment.


All right, so maybe I wasn't quite through ranting but I'm done now.... really.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home